The spirit of giving has been strong in The Venetian Las Vegas, even throughout the coronavirus shutdown that has crippled the Las Vegas economy. From the beginning of the month through May 14, the resort partnered with Catholic Charities to provide 1,000 boxed meals daily to the homeless throughout the valley.
The company also graciously continued to offer full pay and benefits to its 9,300 employees through May 17. Emergency pay for close to 1,200 employees spanning across 14 different Venetian restaurants was also covered.
And on April 1, the Venetian’s parent company, Las Vegas Sands Corp., donated two million pieces of personal protective equipment to Nevada and New York.
Now, the Venetian want to say thank you in its own way to local first responders and essential workers. Until the end of the year, the casino-hotel will be offering one free night stay to those have been on the front lines during the pandemic.
Those front-line workers who will be eligible to redeem the free night stay include those from the following sectors:
- Agriculture, livestock & feed mills
- Air transportation
- Auto repair services & trucking service centers
- Banks & financial institutions
- Businesses or organizations providing food, shelter, or critical social services for disadvantaged populations
- Educators, childcare centers and daycares
- Essential stays in hotels, commercial lodging, dormitories, shelters, and homeless encampments
- Fire services, law enforcement agencies, emergency medical services & public safety agencies
- Food processing
- Gas stations & truck stops
- Grocery stores, supermarkets, hardware stores, convenience & discount stores
- Healthcare services
- Home maintenance/repair services
- Laundromats & dry cleaners
- Logistics & Supply Chain Operations: Warehousing, storage, distribution, and supply-chain related operations
- Pharmacies, healthcare operations, & biomedical facilities
- Post offices & shipping outlets
- Public transportation
- Public utilities
- Trash collection
- Veterinary services & pet stores
The Resort Will Start Accepting Reservations for June 1
While many casino operators were banking on a Memorial Day Weekend reopening, with the weekend quickly approaching, it’s highly unlikely casinos will be given the green light to reopen by week’s end.
Instead, The Venetian is anticipating a reopening date of June 1 and will start accepting reservations for that date on its official website soon. The company will reopen in phases, with the Venetian tower being the first to accept hotel reservations, with the Palazzo accepting reservations at a later date.
In the statement the company released announcing their decision to begin accepting reservations, they advised that they will continue to comply with guidance provided by federal, state, and local authorities which include the Southern Nevada Health District, Centers For Disease Control and Prevention and the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
Venetian Clean Initiative Will Ensure Guests Return to a Safe Property
The Venetian Clean commitment, which was released at the end of April, outlined the specific health and safety protocols the resort plans to implement upon reopening.
That initiative includes 800 separate initiatives that have been thoughtfully considered and chosen based on the level of safety it will provide to guests and staff members.
Some of those major protocols include the thermal screening of all casino entrants, including staff and guests, offering face masks for guests to wear, requiring employees to wear masks, and rearranging the casino floor to support social distancing.
It’s impressive to see just how generous The Venetian has been in serving others during these challenging times. The list of frontline workers that will be able to receive a complimentary night stay at the luxury resort is extensive, and we’re glad that these brave workers will be able to have a night to enjoy themselves, free of charge.
What do you think of Venetian’s free night stay offer? Are you a frontline worker in the Las Vegas valley who will take advantage of the offer?
Share with us below!