It’s a good thing that casinos in Las Vegas have reopened because one lucky poker player just hit the jackpot of his life at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas.
According to a Flamingo spokesperson, the gambler hit the progressive jackpot playing Ultimate Texas Hold’em out on the casino floor Thursday night.
The gambler, who did not wish to be identified, was in an “excited state of shock” after his major win. His total jackpot came out to $254,844.
Other Big Wins Since Casinos Reopened
A day after Caesar’s Palace reopened on June 4, one guest won an incredible $670,637 progressive jackpot playing the Let it Ride poker game.
The guest also wished to remain anonymous.
Caesar’s Palace closure marked the first time the casino had ever been closed since it originally opened 54 years ago.
Slots players across the Las Vegas Strip are also making out since the city’s casinos have reopened. A guest won $57,000 playing a slot machine at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Another lucky gambler at Flamingo Hotel hit a $100,000 jackpot playing the Triple Red Hot slot machine.
And four days after Red Rock casino reopened, a gambler hit a near 10 grand jackpot on a panda slot machine.
Boyd Gaming Wins
Boyd Gaming has also welcomed back its Southern Nevada guests with rewarding nine jackpots of $10,000 or more.
In the month of June, over $154,000 in major jackpots have been won including:
- A guest at Cannery Casino Hotel who won the $10,500 jackpot while playing the Dragon Link: Golden Century on June 7.
- A guest at Gold Coast Hotel and Casino who hit a royal flush playing video poker, winning a $20,000 jackpot on June 15.
- A guest at Suncoast Hotel and Casino who won a $40,000 jackpot playing Triple Triple Bonus Video Poker on June 17.
- A guest at Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa who won over $12,500 playing Dancing Drums on June 19.
- The following day on June 20, another lucky guest at Aliante started their birthday off on the right note by hitting a $10,500 jackpot while playing the Drop & Lock machine. On the same day, another Aliante guest hit a jackpot over $10,000 while playing Four Card Keno.
- A guest at Suncoast won a $10,000 jackpot on a Double Double Bonus Poker Machine on June 20.
- A guest at Fremont Hotel and Casino won an over $30,000 jackpot playing Abundant Fortune.
- Another guest at Suncoast won a jackpot close to $10,500 playing a Triple Double Bonus Poker machine.
New Mask Requirement for Casinos in Las Vegas
Three weeks after the COVID-19 shutdown was lifted, properties in Las Vegas began opening again, but not all at once. Caesars Entertain and MGM Resorts have a few selected properties reopening, including Caesars Palace, the Flamingo, Harrah’s, the Bellagio, New York-New York, and MGM Grand.
Beginning Friday, Governor Sisolak mandated that masks must be worn in all of Nevada’s public indoor spaces, which means in all casinos too. Masks are not a requirement after weeks where guests were encouraged, but not mandated, to wear them.
Casino visitors must keep their masks on except whenever eating or drinking. Since reopening, masks were always a requirement for casino staff.
The ruling went into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, following Gov. Sisolak’s new “No shirt. No shoes. No mask. No service” slogan that he announced on Wednesday. Social distancing protocols and other coronavirus safety protocols remain in effect.
Sisolak’s ruling comes on the heels of a similar mandate issued by California governor Gavin Newsom last week. Newsom’s ruling required that all reopened casinos and card rooms require guests and players to wear masks.
Now, visitors who enter Las Vegas casinos will be offered a face covering and will be turned away if they refuse to wear one.
Nevada joins several other states in seeing its COVID-19 cases rise, and we’re hoping that the new face mask mandate will stifle the curve.
We’re happy to see that gamblers can once again play to their heart’s content, and not only that but cash out in big ways.
It’s definitely what was needed after a long quarantine. We hope that this new mask requirement will allow players and casino guests to remain safe while casinos stay reopened.
Be sure to check back for more Las Vegas jackpot updates and news!