*Update: Station Casinos has temporarily closed all Las Vegas and Henderson locations as of end of day Thursday, March 19th due to the policy mandated by Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak.
Station Casinos in Southern Nevada, which have 20 properties spread across the valley, say they plan to keep their properties open in light of other major Las Vegas Strip casinos closing. They will, however, be enforcing new policies to help fight against the spread of COVID-19.
The company shared a letter with employees Monday morning detailing their plans and policies.
Casino operators in Las Vegas who are making the tough decision whether or not to remain open, have much to consider after Nevada Governor issued social distancing guidelines Sunday evening.
“As we know, gaming is the lifeblood of Nevada’s economy and the source of financial support for so many of our citizens and their families,” Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said. “But to protect the public health and the safety of Nevadans and visitors, I strongly support any decision our properties make … whether or not to close.”
New Policies to Help Curb Coronavirus
In an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus, Station Casinos will be implementing new policies effective immediately.
Those policies will require slot machines being cleaned every two hours, table games allowing only three players at once, bingo rooms/keno lounges allowing seating for half of their current capacity, and reducing the amount of race and sportsbook windows available.
The buffets will also up the number of culinary staff members in an effort to get rid of self-serving utensils. Instead, guests will utilize disposable utensils.
The capacity allotted in entertainment, food and beverage venues, and meeting and convention rooms across the properties will also be cut in half. The hours and operations at certain venues will also be reduced.
Venues that will cut down on hours of operation include Red Rock Resort and Green Valley Ranch spas and salons. The Palms’ spa and salon will be closing altogether temporarily, due to nearby construction.
List of Station Casinos
- Barley’s Casino & Brewing, 4500 E Sunset #30, Henderson, NV 89014
- Boulder Station, 4111 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Fiesta Henderson, 777 W Lake Mead Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89015
- Fiesta Rancho, 2400 N Rancho Dr, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa & Casino, 2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052
- Palace Station, 2411 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa, 11011 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Santa Fe Station, 4949 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130
- Sunset Station, 1301 W Sunset Rd, Henderson, NV 89014
- Texas Station, 2101 Texas Star Ln, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- The Greens Gaming & Dining, 2241 N Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89014
- Wild Wild West, 3330 W Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Wildfire Anthem, 2551 Anthem Village Dr, Henderson, NV 89052
- Wildfire Boulder, 2000 S Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89002
- Wildfire Casino & Lanes, 4451 E Sunset Road Suite #1, Henderson, NV 89014
- Wildfire Lake Mead, 846 E Lake Mead Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89015
- Wildfire Rancho, 1901 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89106
- Wildfire Sunset, 1195 W Sunset Rd, Henderson, NV 89014
- Wildfire Valley View, 3045 S Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
Other Open Las Vegas Casinos
Here is a list of the Las Vegas casinos that have chosen to keep their doors amid the coronavirus.
Caesar’s Entertainment Properties:
- Caesars Palace
- The Cromwell
- The Linq
- Nobu Hotel
- Planet Hollywood
Las Vegas Sands Properties:
Downtown Las Vegas Properties:
- Golden Nugget
- The Fremont
- The D
- Golden Gate
- Four Queens
- Main Street Station
- The California
Continue to check back for updates to see if any casinos decide to close their doors as COVID-19 is a fluid, ever-changing situation.
Are you surprised by how casino operators are responding to the outbreak? Do you think they’re doing they’re due diligence to protect the public amid the coronavirus scare?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the situation below.