Bally’s Las Vegas Will Reopen July 23 Amid Customer Demand

Bally's Hotel-Casino in Las VegasOn Thursday, Caesars Entertainment announced the next of its properties that will be opening: Bally’s Las Vegas, set to reopen on July 23 at 10 a.m.

So far, Caesars Entertainment has reopened the following Las Vegas properties: Caesars Palace, The Flamingo, Harrah’s, Linq Promenade, and Paris Las Vegas.

The announcement comes as the Las Vegas Strip has been seeing an increased demand in customer interest and visitation. Officially shuttered for 127 days, Bally’s will officially get to join the rest of the Caesars pack in welcoming long-forgone guests.

“We continue to see solid customer interest in visiting Las Vegas this summer and, as a result, we are pleased to announce the reopening of Bally’s Las Vegas – gaming, hotel, restaurants, and other amenities – on July 23rd,” said Tony Rodio, CEO of Caesars Entertainment said.

Rodio explained that instead of increasing the hotel occupancy at the other properties that have already reopened, it’s in the interest of public health to open up another property instead. Currently, reopened casinos are operating at 50 percent capacity.

According to the resort owner, when the casino-hotel opens later this month, it’s expected to have nearly all of its amenities available, including the Blu Pool and the Bally’s Food Court.

The recently opened Indigo Lounge is also expected to be open by then. The lounge overlooks the casino floor, but with Governor Sisolak’s Thursday announcement that bars will return to Phase One restrictions, it’s unsure whether it will be serving patrons unless food is part of the equation.

Las Vegas Tourists Seem Unfazed by Rise of COVID-19 Cases Among Hospitality Workers

COVID-19 cases are on the rise across the country, and casinos are not exempt.

So far, there have been at least 10 Strip casino workers that have tested positive for coronavirus: One worker at Bellagio, two Flamingo workers, a worker at The Linq, three workers at Sahara Las Vegas, two at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and one at Caesars Palace.

But while these growing number of cases on the Las Vegas Strip may seem startling, Las Vegas travelers seem undeterred.

A handful of tourists who came for Fourth of July weekend even said they were aware of the number of growing cases of Las Vegas hospitality workers catching the virus, but that it didn’t put a dent in their travel plans.

Stay Tuned

It’s good to see that casinos are still continuing to open in Las Vegas, despite the increase of COVID-19 cases.

It was rumored this week that casinos might be shut down for 7-10 days, but thankfully that wasn’t the case in Gov. Sisolak’s address.

For now, it’s bars across the Silver State that have scaled back to their preexisting coronavirus restrictions. That means no patrons congregating in bars, bar areas, or having bars in restaurants opened for now.

Nevada piggybacked off similar restrictions made in Texas and California last week, and it seems like the rest of the country is following suit.

Are you excited for Bally’s to reopen? Have you made a trip to Las Vegas yet or are you a local who’s excited that some things are beginning to resemble “normal” Vegas? Share with us in the comments below!

And be sure to check back for more coronavirus updates in Las Vegas.