Ladies and gentlemen, the Super Bowl is upon us. This is the moment football fans wait all year for, and despite the current public health shenanigans, it’s on!
On Sunday, the reigning champs—the Kansas City Chiefs—will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Florida. As a betting man, I’ll be making a few wagers on the game. I’m going to share some Super Bowl LV prop bets with you here, and I’ll show you the best NFL betting sites to make them on.
Are you ready for the action? I know I am, so let’s get right into the Super Bowl 55 prop bets.
What Are Super Bowl Prop Bets?
“Prop bets” is short for proposition bets. Whereas a general bet might ask you to pick the winner of the game, prop bets are placed on things that happen within the game.
For example, if you bet on the outcome of the coin toss or whether or not there will be a successful touchdown in the first five minutes, that’s a prop bet.
The Super Bowl has more prop bets than you can imagine. That’s what makes it such an exciting event to wager on. You can bet on everything from the number of players on either team will score to how many times Donald Trump’s name will be mentioned.
Yes, Super Bowl prop bets can be crazy. Let me explain more about how the different bets work in the next section.
Super Bowl 2021 Prop Bets – The Different Types
There are hundreds of Super Bowl prop bets that you can make. I’m not going to list every single one here. If you want to see a full list, you can visit MyBookie.ag and view them.
What I am going to do is explain the main types of prop bets you can make and how they work.
- Receiving Props – You can make prop bets on Super Bowl receivers. You can wager on how many players in each team will have a reception. You can bet on which player will record the first reception. If you want to get into it, you can even bet on the distance of the first reception for specific players. For example, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill are favorites to record the first reception in the game with +250 odds.
- Passing Props – As with receiving, there are all sorts of Super Bowl passing prop bets. You can bet on everything from the total number of passing attempts for specific players to the total TD passes for players like Patrick Mahomes. You can get the latter bet at +225 odds for four or more attempts.
- Rushing Props – Betting on Super Bowl rushing yards is a popular option. You can wager on the distance of various players’ first rush attempts, the number of players on each team to have a rushing attempt, and the total number of rushing yards for each team. Right now, you can bet on more than 4.5 Kansas City players having a rushing attempt at odds of -150.
- Quarter/Half Props – You can bet on the winning margin, field goals, total points, total touchdowns, total touchdowns by each team, and whether each team will score in the first quarter or half. Right now, the odds that Kansas City will score in the first quarter are -325, and the odds that Tampa Bay will are -225.
- Added Game Props – How many players will score points on each team? What will the distance of the first field goal be? What will the combined penalty yards in the game be? You can bet on all of these outcomes and many more. The current odds on what team will score a field goal first are -130 on Kansas City and +100 on Tampa Bay.
- Cross Sport Props – It’s easy to forget that there are other sporting events occurring at the same time as the Super Bowl. MyBookie.ag has put together some interesting cross sport props. For example, you can wager on whether there will be more accepted penalties in Super Bowl LV versus corners in the Liverpool vs. Man City game. Yes, that’s a real example. Currently, you’ll get odds of -120 on either outcome.
- Anthem Specials – Which coach will be shown first during the anthem? Will any players kneel on the sideline? Will Jazmine Sullivan show her cleavage during the anthem? You can bet on these and a few other anthem outcomes. The odds on Miss Sullivan showing her cleavage are -165 on yes and +125 on no.
- Super Bowl Specials – I love special bets. This is where all the fun happens. You can bet on Joe Biden’s approval rating on the day of the game, the winner of the Puppy Bowl, which coach will be shown first after kickoff, how the coin toss will turn out, and even how many times some celebs will be mentioned during the broadcast. Of course, you can also bet on who the MVP will be. Right now, Patrick Mahomes is the favorite at odds of -110. Take a look at some of the other special bets below.
What Are the Best Football Betting Sites for Prop Bets?
We recommend three real money Super Bowl betting sites. All of these have received high ratings from our betting sites review team.
- MyBookie – Another fantastic option for where to bet on Super Bowl 55 is MyBookie. It also has a huge number of Super Bowl bets available. MyBookie.ag has an awesome welcome bonus. If you deposit $200, you’ll bet with $300. That’s a great way to get extra credits to bet on the Super Bowl with.
- BetNow – BetNow is another solid option for betting on the 2021 Super Bowl. It has hundreds of Super Bowl prop bets available, and new players can get a welcome bonus of 100% up to $500. This is one of our top-rated online sportsbooks for Super bowl betting.
- BetOnline – I’ve taken the odds listed above from this site. It’s my favorite football betting site. The sheer number of Super Bowl bets being offered is insane. This site also offers lots of free bets and special sports betting bonuses, such as a 25% reload bonus on every deposit of $250 or more. It also accepts Bitcoin and other cryptos.
How to Place Prop Bets – A Beginner’s Guide
If you’re wondering how to bet on Super Bowl 55, worry not. I’ve created this handy guide to walk you through the process. It’s simple, so don’t be intimidated if you’ve never placed an online wager before. It couldn’t be easier.
Select the Super Bowl Betting Sites You Like Most
I’ve given you three options above. Pick any one you like. When you do so, you’ll need to register a new account. The screenshot below is the registration form for MyBookie. You’ll have to create your username and password and give a few contact details. The process will take a few minutes.
Make a Deposit to Place a Real Money Wager
You’ll need to deposit before you can bet on the Super Bowl for real money. This will also unlock your welcome bonus if you want to receive it. Navigate to the cashier section and select your preferred payment method. Enter the amount you want to deposit and wait for the funds to arrive.
Navigate to the Super Bowl Section and Check Out the Options
There are hundreds of different bets you can make on the Super Bowl.
It might take a while to browse through them all, so the sooner you do this, the better. You don’t want to miss out on any potential winners.
- Super Bowl: Kansas City @ Tampa Bay
- 2021 Super Bowl Odds
- NFL Team Total Points
- Super Bowl 1st Quarter Props
- Super Bowl 1st Half Lines
- Super Bowl 1st Half Props
- Super Bowl Players Comparison Props
- Super Bowl MVP
- Super Bowl Coin Toss
- Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Super Bowl Main Props
- TB Buccaneers Team Props
- KC Chiefs Team Props
- Super Bowl Field Goals
- Super Bowl Touchdowns
- SB First-Last Touchdowns
- SB Anytime Touchdowns
- Super Bowl Game Props
- Super Bowl Quarterback Props
- SB Running Back Props
- SB Receivers Props
- SB Kicker Props
- SB Defensive Props
- Super Bowl Big Payout Props
- SB Cross Sport Props
- Super Bowl Gatorade Shower
- Super Bowl National Anthem
- Super Bowl Novelty Props
- Super Bowl Squares
- Free Printable Super Bowl Props
Select the Bets You Wish to Make
When you see a wager you want to make, click on it. This will automatically add this option to your bet slip. Don’t worry, you can always change your mind and subtract it from your bet slip later.
Confirm the Bets on Your Digital Bet Slip
This is the final step. Decide how much you want to wager on each outcome and confirm your bet. Once this step is complete, congrats, your wager is now live, and you’ll be notified automatically if you win.
Super Bowl Prop Bet FAQs
Is Betting on the Super Bowl Legal?
I’ll put it to you like this; it’s not illegal. The US government did ban online gambling in 2006, but lots of players do it, and there’s no legal consequence for players who do so. Most of the NFL betting sites we’ve recommended are based offshore for this reason. Does that explain the .ag and .eu domain extensions?
Can I Bet on the Super Bowl With Bitcoin?
Yes, it’s possible. All of our top-rated US betting sites accept Bitcoin. Some of them, such as BetOnline.ag, also accept other cryptos like Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Stellar. Using these coins can save you a lot on transaction fees and will generally mean you get your payouts faster.
What’s the Best Super Bowl Prop Bet to Make?
I tend to stick with the simple ones. I always wager on the outcome of the coin toss. I also try to pick the team that’ll score the first touchdown and the most points in the first quarter/half. I generally steer away from bets that require me to guess exact numbers like how many yards will be involved in an outcome. I feel the probability of winning these bets is much lower. That’s just my opinion.
Can I Make Live/In-Play Bets on the Super Bowl?
Absolutely. When you visit one of the Super Bowl betting apps recommended here, click the live betting tab on the menu to see a list of wagers you can make during the game. If you do see a live bet you want to make, act quickly because betting opportunities come and go fast in the world of Super Bowl live betting.