New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas is a special experience unlike any other city. It’s crazy good fun! The streets on the Las Vegas Strip are blocked off for the throngs of visitors to congregate in a giant block party. At midnight, the casinos lining the Strip launch a choreographed firework display to ring in the new year.
If you plan on going, get there early, and try to secure a spot on any of the pedestrian bridges, which provide the perfect view of the fireworks. The hottest nightclubs offer top talent and fine dining is upped a level for the New Year’s party. If you’d rather not pack into the crowd on the street, there’s plenty of other places to see the fireworks display.
Great Places to See the Vegas New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Eiffel Tower New Year’s Eve at Paris Las Vegas
Ring in 2020 at the Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at Paris Las Vegas. Standing 460 feet high over the iconic Strip, you’ll enjoy the fireworks with a champagne toast. Packages also allow you to enjoy a premium open bar and a souvenir photo of the night.
Beer Park and Chateau Nightclub and Rooftop
Speaking of Paris Las Vegas, the hits continue with Beer Park and Chateau Nightclub and Rooftop party on New Year’s Eve. The massive party will include a premium open bar and access to the Beer Park and Chateau from 8PM until midnight.
Enjoy an unobstructed view where you can enjoy the fireworks display on the Strip.
New Year’s Eve With a View From the High Roller at the Linq
Countdown to midnight as you party over the Las Vegas Strip 550 feet in the air. The High Roller observation wheel at The LINQ Promenade offers one of the best spots to see the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Admission includes a mid-wheel cabin view of the midnight fireworks show, a midnight champagne toast, souvenir photo, and one parking pass per order.
NYE Bridge Bash at New York-New York
The replica of the Brooklyn Bridge at New York-New York Las Vegas will host one of the hottest New Year’s Eve bashes, with a DJ mixing hot tracks and a great view of the fireworks going on.
Tickets to the Bridge Bash include an open bar, dancing, DJs spinning tunes, and an amazing view of the fireworks celebrating the arrival of 2020.
Get high above the Las Vegas Strip to ring in the new year. The STRAT Hotel, Casino, and SkyPod are will be the host of “108 Party in the Sky.” Head to the Observation Deck on the 108th floor and ring in the new year on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
A champagne toast welcomes the new year with a magnificent view of fireworks throughout Las Vegas and on the Strip.
New Year’s Eve Celebration at Lake Las Vegas
Not far from Las Vegas stands the amazing Lake Las Vegas where live music and incredible fireworks will be ringing in the new year. The free fireworks show takes place right over the lake to ring in 2020 and can be viewed from Montelago Village and the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa or right on the water.
Climb aboard the La Contessa Yacht for the New Year’s Eve Party and Cruise or rent a kayak and paddle out for a unique view of the fireworks display.
Celebrations start at Reflection Bay Golf Club and will continue to the La Contessa Yacht. Guests will enjoy food, dancing, champagne, and of course, the fireworks. Festivities start at 9PM and run to 11PM.
Fremont Street Experience
Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman ends a successful year on Fremont Street by inviting party goers to welcome the new year in epic fashion. America’s Party Downtown will be the official New Year’s Eve party representing the City of Las Vegas.
Presented by iHeartMedia, the party will bring the unique energy that only downtown Las Vegas can deliver. The highlight is the unveiling of an upgrade to the Viva Vision Screen. This highly anticipated reveal will showcase the $32 million-dollar upgrades that were made to the largest digital display on the planet.
Enjoy the unique energy of downtown Las Vegas with non-stop live entertainment on four stages, including a dedicated EDM stage, stunning onstage pyrotechnics, alluring dancers and aerialists, theatrical and roaming entertainment, and much more. You must be over the age of 21 to attend America’s Party Downtown.
2020 Las Vegas New Year’s Eve Nightclub Performances
Third Eye Blind – House of Blues
Spend New Year’s Eve with Third Eye Blind inside the House of Blues. The last stop on their Screamer Tour will be Dec. 31, 2019 in Las Vegas.
Maroon 5 – Mandalay Bay
Three-time GRAMMY Award-winning multi-platinum band Maroon 5 returns for its annual New Year’s Eve performance at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
Journey – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
Journey takes over the Strip with a limited engagement inside The Colosseum at Caesars Palace with performances that include a show at 8PM on New Year’s Eve.
Lizzo – The Cosmopolitan
Rapper and singer Lizzo will headline New Year’s Eve at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. On Dec. 31st, Lizzo will ring in 2020 as she brings her high energy live show to The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan for a second time.
Drake – XS Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas
Rapper, singer, songwriter Drake recently announced his partnership with the property XS at Wynn Las Vegas.
He returns to the nightclub as part of a New Year’s Eve weekend celebration on Dec. 30th to 31st along with Diplo and The Chainsmokers.
Christina Aguilera – Zappos Theater
Pop sensation Christina Aguilera has an exclusive residency at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. Her headline show takes place inside Zappos Theater and will include a New Year’s Eve performance on December 31 beginning at 10PM.
New Year’s Eve Las Vegas Tips 2019 – 2020
- Las Vegas is the number one destination to ring in the new year. Hotel rooms will sell out, so book as early as possible to get the best prices and your first choice of accommodations.
- Thousands of people will be in Las Vegas for New Year’s Eve, making traffic a lot more congested than usual. If you’re planning to head to the Strip to see the fireworks, plan on heading out early. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police shut down the Strip and the surrounding areas to traffic as early as 4PM.
- If you’re staying on the Strip for New Year’s Eve, the best way to get around will either be by taxi, walking, or using the Las Vegas Monorail. If you’re driving out and want to have your car nearby, consider staying at a hotel on the end of the Strip rather than in the middle.
- Don’t want to drive at all? The RTC local bus system will be providing free rides around town. Have all the fun you want without concerning yourself with transportation. RTC is driving 39 fixed routes from 6PM to 9AM.
- Weather in Las Vegas in December can be temperamental. While the sun usually shines, it’s still a desert and can get cold when the sun drops at night. Be prepared by having a jacket, a coat, and gloves with you for long hours on the Strip.
- Officials will be enforcing rules and all glass containers, ice chests, backpacks, strollers, and young children should be left at home.
- Metro Police will be implementing a curfew to keep minors away from the Strip, which will be enforced at 6PM.
- Most of all be safe and have fun!